Awards & Recognition
Prof. Dandiya has specialized in Psycho-neuro-pharmacology and his researches in pharmacology have received global recognition. Over the years, he has received numerous awards from national as well as International bodies.
• Shakuntala Amir Chand Prize by the Indian Council of Medical Research (1960).
• Hari Om Ashram Award by the Medical Council of India (1976).
• Gargi Devi Prize (1977).
• G.P. Srivastava Memorial Award – Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India 1981.
• Rajasthan Government Merit Prize (a) 1962-67, (6)1973-798, (c) Merit Award, 1983.
• M.L. Schroff Memorial Award – Ind. Hospital Pharmacists Association, 1986
• Eminent Pharmacist Award by the Indian Pharmaceutical Association, 1997.
• Life Time Achievement award by the Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India, 2007.
• Life Time Achievement Award by the National Academy of Medical Sciences, Rajasthan Chapter, 2008.
He specialised in Psycho-neuro-pharmacology and was elected the Fellow of International College of Psycho-neuro-pharmacologists. As recognition of his research work, he received the singular honour of being elected a fellow of the Indian Academy of Medical Sciences.
I) Chairman, Behavioural Pharmacology Session C.I.N.P. Conference, Quebec (Canada) 1976,
(ii) Chairman, ‘Extrapyramidal. System’ Session C.I.N.P. Conference, Paris 1974,
(iii) C.I.N.P. Congress, Quebec City (Canada) 1976,
(iv) C.I.N.P. Congress, Prague, Czechoslovakia, 1970,
(v) International. Congress in Pharmacology, Baste Switzerland, 1969,
(vi) Chairman, ‘International Symposium CNS’, Lucknow, 1974,
International Congress on Pharmacology
(vii) Chairman, Psychopharmacology, I Section, International. Congress on Pharmacology, San Francisco, 1972,
(viii) Represented India at the 2′. Commonwealth Pharmaceutical Conference 1976,
(ix) International. Congress on Psychiatry, Pueblo, (Mexico) – 1986,
(x) International. Congress on Traditional Medicine and Drugs, Bali (Indonesia), Oct. 1990